Thursday, September 23, 2010

I swear I'm not dead!

Yes I know I have been on blogging hiatus for quite some time.  I really felt it was important to spend the last bit of summer with my family and not plugged into the net.  So I did.  In my absence a lot has happened.  Our biggest adjustment came when Free started school.  He loves it.  His teacher says he is well behaved and a joy t have in class.  I can't say I am not totally stunned but great for her.  Now if I could only get him to be more like that at home....  I'm still not sure I'm crazy about the school though.  I attended the first PTO meeting to try and be more involved but just ended up feeling more like an outsider in a room full of soccer moms and rich chicks.  That doesn't mean I'm giving up I just need to stop being such a wimp and speak up once in a while.  I am incredibly shy.  I did meet one of the mothers from the meeting again at a juggling show I took the boys to.  She had a big chest tattoo and her daughter was bundled in a leopard print blanket.  N ow that's a bit more my style of mama.  Believe it or not she actually spoke to me and we hit it off pretty well.  At least now I have an in for the PTO (or maybe just someone to sit next to?)  I miss Freedom's old school and the teachers there.  I definitely liked that I got a little summary of his day every time I came to pick him up.  Now that he rides the bus I don't even really know the teacher.  I have met her twice and she definitely doesn't care for my husband.  Freedom told me today he had to go the school nurse because someone beat him up?!?  I will admit he had many different stories about what happened but he says he has had to go to the school nurse twice.  No one has mentioned it to me from the school yet so I am writing a letter to his teacher and hopefully she can give me a heads up.  Tomorrow is something cupcakes, of course.

Another huge milestone in the house is that Cypress is walking!  He's all over the place and even runs.  He started earlier this month.  It's soo cute to see him waddling all over and he's so tiny that it kinda looks funny.  He is speaking too.  Says mama Dada and shakes his head no.  I am so amazed just watching his little personality develop every day and it make me so curious as to who he will be and what his future holds.

Our little kitty is doing just wonderfully.  She fits right into the mix here in all this craziness.  she still kisses Free goodnight and is very sweet.  Couldn't ask for a better pet.  Free did win some goldfish the other day at the fall festival.  3 goldfish which he named Rocky, Colt, and Tum Tum.  Two are dead already which is such a bummer.  He was so great about feeding them every day and paying attention to them.  He took it like a champ though!  What a strong little boy.

In other news my sister went away to school at Delhi, and just celebrated her 21st birthday.  I feel so old now!  I still get to see her pretty often since she got a new Boyfriend and has been making the trip home on weekends to visit him.  My step dad is getting married this weekend which is pretty exciting.  OK well he's not technically my step dad since he and my mother never officially tied the knot but he was the only dad I had for 13 years so step dad is just easier to say especially since they split up like 5 years ago.  I am getting ready for my big vacation to Myrtle Beach next month.  We are staying oceanfront at dunes for Free's birthday.  I cannot wait!  My friend Jamie is going too and bringing her family.  By the way she just started her own blog, it's pretty neat but just starting out.  Stop in and say hello if you'd like just click here.  You all remember what it's like those first few weeks of blogging where it feels like no one is reading what you have to say.  It can be a bit discouraging that's for sure.   I am in a wedding next month too and I can't wait.  I didn't think I would ever get a chance to dress up again in my life!  Yay for Falon and Cameron!!!! 

Any ways, I have been cleaning and organizing my house a bit and trying to get my shit together.  I have been doing some soul searching and trying to figure out where I go from here.  I honestly think I am going to start seeing a councilor to help me with a few things.  It can't hurt right?  I just need to get some objective feedback to help my grow and develop as a person into the woman I know I should be.  It's a work in progress, but it desperately needs to get done so I am gonna get on that one asap.   That's part of the reason for my absence of blogging too.  I have just been really busy, physically and mentally.  Hopefully I can make more time for this though I think it's pretty therapeutic.  We will see what happens...

Oh one more thing, I got my camera back!!!!!  I am so incredibly happy, you have no idea.  I will have it for my vacation and Frees birthday and everything else from her on out.  I was going crazy with those crappy pictures I have been posting.  I just need to get back into the groove with it now and I will finally be able to post decent photos!  I cannot wait!

Here are a few I have gotten since she returned to me... enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. ohhhh!!!! I'm so happy to see this post! I have been thinking of you and hoping all is well. I think thats a very strong and good idea to seek help if you feel you need it. I have considered it since we got Brendans diagnosis a year ago as i just felt so messed up and lost with it all.

    The boys are looking so grown up!! Oh and School for Free! It must be very hard not having that daily contact with school. I am lucky the school is just a couple of doors away. i walk them both up (Kenzie has now started too) and have made a good contact with the teachers. I can hear them playing in the playground and then i don't feel they are too far away from me

    Hug hugs
    Pip xx

    Off to visit your friends blog now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! You're back! I know how you feel about Freedom's teacher, and barely knowing them. I feel the same way with my kids. Open House was last night and I got to meet them - 2 of them for the first time and 1 I know because Jaiden had her in Kindergarden and now Jaisek does. I feel pretty disconnected from the whole situation though.
    I think that everybody can benefit from counseling, however, I may be slightly biased on that topic! I loved going when I used to, it was just nice to have that time to myself and be able to speak freely. I want to go again, but have to wait for my car to finish getting fixed!
    AND....thanks for linking me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its normal to be a bit awkward and 'reserve' for the first PTO meeting. (= Hope you'll update more about your progress in your children school.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your piece of mind here with me. I always look forward to reading the sweet thoughts you leave behind. I will respond here so keep an eye open... thanks for taking the time, it is always appreciated. Blessings!